sieve-dev [Roy Stogner] Re: [Libmesh-devel] LibMesh namespace?

Jed Brown jed at 59a2.org
Mon Jun 21 16:56:21 CDT 2010

On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 21:42:11 +0000, Matthew Knepley <knepley at gmail.com> wrote:
> The name is so common that this argument is incoherent. I am sure I
> can find other libraries with Mesh in them which are older.

That's why I started this whole discussion by proposing that "libmesh"
was an insufficiently distinguished name to begin with.  But it is their
chosen name, which would make it entirely acceptable except that the
name is already so common, hence the argument for uniquifying it via
Mesh:: -> libMesh::.

If you conclude that "Mesh" is an unreasonably namespace for libMesh,
you must conclude that it is doubly unreasonable for a library with a
name that doesn't even contain the word "Mesh" to use that name.

Jed