sieve-dev building petsc-dev on IBM AIX

Shi Jin jinzishuai at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 12:24:24 CDT 2008

Hi,

After looking at the problem in more details, I realized that the offsetof
POD problem is not the critical one.
It is just a warning.
However, I had several more serious errors, which are all related to macros
defined in petsc.
I have found out that CHKERRQ, SETERRQ, SETERRQ1 and PetscHeaderCreate are
all giving  severe error  messages like
"mesh.c", line 414.10: 1540-0063 (S) The text "," is unexpected.
"mesh.c", line 466.10: 1540-0063 (S) The text ")" is unexpected.

I think they are caused by the macros but not sure exactly what the problem
is and how to fix it.
Shi

--
Sincerely,