[petsc-users] SNESVISetComputeVariableBounds() is not available in Fortran interface

y.hu at mpie.de y.hu at mpie.de
Sat Jun 29 03:28:32 CDT 2024

Dear PETSc team,

I find SNES variational inequality capability (e.g. src/snes/tutorials/ex9.c example) very useful for my current problem. Since I am using fortran API of petsc, I explore a little bit about this functionality and it sems not there for fortran (a simple SNESVISetVariableBounds() is not enough, because it only handles constant VI and my VI changes during each SNESSolve call). Am I correct?

If I would like to implement the interface myself, is it straightforward? Could you give me some advice or reference code on it?

I have some knowledge in MatCreateShell() fortran interface, I saw the fortran API was created in a folder ftn-custom/ and writing such interface seems not that hard, but seems a lot of many manual definitions of other related APIs.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,
Yi

Stay up to date and follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube.

Max-Planck-Institut für Eisenforschung GmbH
Max-Planck-Straße 1
D-40237 Düsseldorf

Handelsregister B 2533
Amtsgericht Düsseldorf

Geschäftsführung
Prof. Dr. Gerhard Dehm
Prof. Dr. Jörg Neugebauer
Prof. Dr. Dierk Raabe
Dr. Kai de Weldige

Ust.-Id.-Nr.: DE 11 93 58 514
Steuernummer: 105 5891 1000

Please consider that invitations and e-mails of our institute are
only valid if they end with …@mpie.de.
If you are not sure of the validity please contact rco at mpie.de

Bitte beachten Sie, dass Einladungen zu Veranstaltungen und E-Mails
aus unserem Haus nur mit der Endung …@mpie.de gültig sind.
In Zweifelsfällen wenden Sie sich bitte an rco at mpie.de