[petsc-users] Specify BoomerAMG aggressive coarsening interpolation type via options database

Mcintyre, Sean Michael smm5164 at psu.edu
Fri Jun 14 13:42:31 CDT 2024

Hi there,

I'd like to try a different long-range interpolation scheme with BoomerAMG's aggressive coarsening (defaults to multipass). Is there a way to specify this via the PETSc options database? I see in the BoomerAMG documentation that the appropriate function call would be HYPRE_BoomerAMGSetInterpType. I'd prefer to do it via the options database than put it directly into my code. Adding the -help option, I don't see anything like pc_hypre_boomeramg_agg_interp_type. Could this perhaps be added if there isn't currently a way to do it?

Thanks,
Sean McIntyre