[petsc-users] Dense Matrix Factorization/Solve

Barry Smith bsmith at petsc.dev
Wed Jul 24 14:07:56 CDT 2024

   For one MPI rank, it looks like you can use -pc_type cholesky -pc_factor_mat_solver_type cupm though it is not documented in https://urldefense.us/v3/__https://petsc.org/release/overview/linear_solve_table/*direct-solvers__;Iw!!G_uCfscf7eWS!YpFrRe8Wul8hbJjnWia9KlpTHLeU2HBIpo45YA5ZnmqISNTy0txGndaBOsORw3xw3Q0Uhvq0Bsb5eJhCKlCe9Bk$

   Of if you also ./configure --download-kokkos --download-kokkos-kernels you can use -pc_factor_mat_solver_type kokkos if you also this may also work for multiple GPUs but that is not documented in the table either (Junchao) Nor are sparse Kokkos or CUDA stuff documented (if they exist) in the table.

   Barry