[petsc-users] Help with Integrating PETSc into Fortran Groundwater Flow Simulation Code

Barry Smith bsmith at petsc.dev
Wed Jan 10 16:50:12 CST 2024

   When running with just one mpi process it is often possible (on non-batch systems where one does not need to use mpiexec to start up a single rank run) to continue to just use

> gdb <the name of my exe.file>

when running with more than 1 MPI process (or if the execuable requires mpiexec to start) you can use

mpiexec -n 2 ./executable options -start_in_debugger

and it will open two terminals with the debugger for each rank. See https://petsc.org/release/manual/other/#sec-debugging for more details.