[petsc-users] Ghost points in DMSwarm

MIGUEL MOLINOS PEREZ mmolinos at us.es
Fri Feb 23 16:14:27 CST 2024

Dear all,

I am struggling on how to include ghost points in DMSwarm local vectors. According to PETSc documentation it seems “straightforward” for a DMDA mesh. However, I am not so sure on how to do it for a DMSwarm. In fact, if I add the result of DMSwarmGetLocalSize for each rank, the result is the exact number of particles in the system. Which means that the halo is zero.

Since there is a function called DMSwarmCreateLocalVectorFromField,I was wandering if there is a function already implemented in petsc (and I’m missing it) to include ghost points in DMSwarm and therefore don’t have to reinvent the wheel. If so, is there any example out there I can follow?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Miguel

<https://urldefense.us/v3/__https://petsc.org/release/manual/vec/__;!!G_uCfscf7eWS!f6U_z6q8Rk6XrOxvbmE8KyNErlmqYwpGzkxCQ56xX0agWaCG0tLVLh1Cml6fTtqvve0aL3HGiAhZn-hDgIoH5w$ >