[petsc-users] Fortran: PetscDSRestoreTabulation + PetscDSGetTabulation

Martin Diehl martin.diehl at kuleuven.be
Thu Aug 29 08:56:48 CDT 2024

Dear PETSc team,

I have a question regarding the use of PetscDSGetTabulation from
Fortran.
PetscDSGetTabulation has a slightly different function signature
between Fortran and C. In addition, there is an (undocumented)
PetscDSRestoreTabulation in Fortran which cleans up the arrays. Calling
it results in a segmentation fault.

I believe that PetscDSRestoreTabulation is not needed. At least our
Fortran FEM code compiles and runs without it. However, we have
convergence issues that we don't understand so any suspicious code is
currently under investigation.

best regards,
Martin

--