[petsc-users] Pre-check before each line search function evaluation

Alexander Lindsay alexlindsay239 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 14:25:20 CST 2023

Hi I'm looking at the sources, and I believe the answer is no, but is there
a dedicated callback that is akin to SNESLineSearchPrecheck but is called
before *each* function evaluation in a line search method? I am using a
Hybridized Discontinuous Galerkin method in which most of the degrees of
freedom are eliminated from the global system. However, an accurate
function evaluation requires that an update to the "global" dofs also
trigger an update to the eliminated dofs.

I can almost certainly do this manually but I believe it would be more
prone to error than a dedicated callback.