[petsc-users] Difficulty installing PETSC-3.17.0 on new macOS Sonoma

Jan Izak C. Vermaak JanIzak.Vermaak at inl.gov
Mon Nov 20 09:28:23 CST 2023

Hi all,

I am in the process of upgrading our petsc version to 3.20.1 but I really need our current version to work with 3.17.0.

I am having install issues. Attached is the config log. Command Line Tools 15.0 (CLT 15.0) used to be the source of my problems with the previous OS version for which the solution was to install the old CLT 14.3, however, CLT 14.3 is not compatible with macOS Sonoma (which INL is requiring us to have).

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,
Jan

Jan Vermaak, Ph.D.
Senior Nuclear Multiphysics Engineer   |   Reactor Physics Methods and Analysis Department (C110)
Reactor Systems Design and Analysis Division  |  Nuclear Science & Technology Directorate
JanIzak.Vermaak at inl.gov<mailto:JanIzak.Vermaak at inl.gov>   |   M  979-739-0789
Idaho National Laboratory   |   1955 Fremont Ave.   |   Idaho Falls, ID   |   83415

[signature_1025312815]