[petsc-users] Restarting a SLEPC run to refine an eigenvector

LUTSKO James Jim.Lutsko at ulb.be
Wed Mar 29 02:58:47 CDT 2023

I withdraw my question. In trying to put together an example to illustrate the problem, I found that EPSSetInitialSubspace() does indeed "work" - in the sense that the eigenvalue, which decreases monotonically during the calculation, picks up from where the previous run left off. I am not sure why I had previously thought it was otherwise.

thanks

% James F. Lutsko, CNLPCS, Universite Libre de Bruxelles,
% Campus Plaine -- CP231  B-1050 Bruxelles, Belgium
% tel: +32-2-650-5997   email: jlutsko at ulb.ac.be