[petsc-users] Using PETSc Testing System

Jacob Faibussowitsch jacob.fai at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 09:14:36 CDT 2023

Our testing framework was pretty much tailor-made for the PETSc src tree and as such has many hard-coded paths and decisions. I’m going to go out on a limb and say you probably won’t get this to work...

That being said, one of the “base” paths that the testing harness uses to initially find tests is the `TESTSRCDIR` variable in `${PETSC_DIR}/gmakefile.test`. It is currently defined as
```
# TESTSRCDIR is always relative to gmakefile.test
#  This must be before includes
mkfile_path := $(abspath $(lastword $(MAKEFILE_LIST)))
TESTSRCDIR := $(dir $(mkfile_path))src
```
You should start by changing this to
```
# TESTSRCDIR is always relative to gmakefile.test
#  This must be before includes
mkfile_path := $(abspath $(lastword $(MAKEFILE_LIST)))
TESTSRCDIR ?= $(dir $(mkfile_path))src
```
That way you could run your tests via
```
$ make test TESTSRCDIR=/path/to/your/src/dir
```
I am sure there are many other modifications you will need to make.

Best regards,

Jacob Faibussowitsch
(Jacob Fai - booss - oh - vitch)