[petsc-users] Create a nest not aligned by processors

Barry Smith bsmith at petsc.dev
Fri Mar 17 11:34:52 CDT 2023

   Perhaps if you provide a brief summary of what you would like to do and we may have ideas on how to achieve it.

   Barry

Note: that MATNEST does require that all matrices live on all the MPI processes within the original communicator. That is if the original communicator has ranks 0,1, and 2 you cannot have a matrix inside MATNEST that only lives on ranks 1,2 but you could have it have 0 rows on rank zero so effectively it lives only on rank 1 and 2 (though its communicator is all three ranks).