[petsc-users] Error in configuring PETSc with Cygwin

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Mar 4 08:30:29 CST 2023

>            Defined "SIZEOF_VOID_P" to "4"

It won't work with 32bit compilers. Can you use 64bit compilers [with 64bit ms-mpi]?

BTW: Our testing is on Windows10 and short paths do work. But yeah - if you an avoid spaces - thats one way to simplify.

https://gitlab.com/petsc/petsc/-/jobs/3873889443

MPI:
  Version:    2
  Includes:   -I/cygdrive/c/PROGRA~2/MICROS~3/MPI/Include -I/cygdrive/c/PROGRA~2/MICROS~3/MPI/Include/x64
  Libraries:  /cygdrive/c/PROGRA~2/MICROS~3/MPI/lib/x64/msmpifec.lib /cygdrive/c/PROGRA~2/MICROS~3/MPI/lib/x64/msmpi.lib
  mpiexec: /cygdrive/c/PROGRA~1/MICROS~3/Bin/mpiexec.exe

Satish