[petsc-users] Overcoming slow convergence with GMRES+Hypre BoomerAMG

Mark Adams mfadams at lbl.gov
Thu Mar 2 02:57:37 CST 2023

Can you give us a bit more detail on your equations?

* You are going to want to use FieldSplit.

* AMG usually takes some effort to get working well. You want to start
simple, even just a Lapacian or two decoupled Laplacians in your code to
get the expected MG performance. Then add realistic geometry, then more
tems, etc., and ramp up to what you want to do and we can help you address
problems that arise at each step. Verify the results at each step.

Mark