[petsc-users] SOLVE + PC combination for 7 point stencil (unstructured) poisson solution

Mark Adams mfadams at lbl.gov
Mon Jun 26 11:05:43 CDT 2023

I'm not sure what MG is doing with an "unstructured" problem. I assume you
are not using DMDA.
-pc_type gamg should work
I would configure with hypre and try that also: -pc_type hypre

As Matt said MG should be faster. How many iterations was it taking?
Try a 100^3 and check that the iteration count does not change much, if at
all.

Mark