[petsc-users] IS natural numbering to global numbering

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 13:04:05 CDT 2023

On Fri, Jun 9, 2023 at 1:46 PM YuSh Lo <ysjosh.lo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Barry,
>
> Is there any way to use the mapping generated by DMPlexDistribute along
> with AO?

For Plex, if you turn on

  https://petsc.org/main/manualpages/DM/DMSetUseNatural/

before DMPlexDistribute(), it will compute and store a GlobalToNatural map.
This can be
used to map vectors back and forth, but you can extract the SF

  DMPlexGetGlobalToNaturalSF
<https://petsc.org/main/manualpages/DMPlex/DMPlexGetGlobalToNaturalSF/>

and use that to remap your IS, by extracting the indices.

  THanks,

     Matt