[petsc-users] Kronecker Product

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 13:30:59 CST 2023

On Mon, Jan 30, 2023 at 2:24 PM Guglielmo, Tyler Hardy via petsc-users <
petsc-users at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> Thanks Barry,
>

> I saw that function, but wasn’t sure how to apply it since the
> documentation says that S and T are dense matrices, but in my case all
> matrices involved are sparse.  Is there a way to work around the dense
> requirement?

We don't have parallel sparse-sparse. It would not be too hard to write,
but it would be some work.

It is hard to understand the use case. Is one matrix much smaller? If not,
and you inherit the distribution from A, it seems
like it might be very suboptimal, and otherwise you would have to
redistribute on the fly and it would get very complicated.