[petsc-users] locally deploy PETSc

Tim Meehan Tim.Meehan at grayanalytics.com
Thu Jan 19 12:50:00 CST 2023

Hi - I am trying to set up a local workstation for a few other developers who need PETSc installed from the latest release. I figured that it would be easiest for me to just clone the repository, as mentioned in the Quick Start.

So, in /home/me/opt, I issued:
git clone -b release https://gitlab.com/petsc/petsc.git petsc
cd petsc
./configure
make all check

Things work fine, but I would like to install it in /opt/petsc, minus all of the build derbris

Is there some way to have './configure' do this?
(I was actually thinking that the configure script was from GNU autotools or something - but obviously not)

Cheers,
Tim