[petsc-users] Retreiving a PetscObject

Eric Chamberland Eric.Chamberland at giref.ulaval.ca
Fri Jan 13 09:58:45 CST 2023

ok, here is what I want to do:

I am writing a brand new PC which needs some other PETSc objects like a
Vec (for unit partition).

We have a text based user file format in which the user can create
arbitrary Petsc's Vec or Mat.

Then, I would like the user to give the prefix of these Vec or Mat as a
parameter for the new PC that we would like to configure completely via
the "petsc options database".

So in our PCApply_XXX we would like to retrieve some specific options
which will simply give the Vec prefix to retreive.

Thanks,

Eric