[petsc-users] Sequential to Parallel vector using VecScatter

Venugopal, Vysakh (venugovh) venugovh at mail.uc.edu
Tue Jan 3 15:58:16 CST 2023

Hi,

Suppose I have a vector 'V' of global size m divided into 2 processes (making local size m/2). This vector V is derived from a DM object using DMCreateGlobalVector.

I am using VecScatterCreateToAll to get a vector V_SEQ.

Is there a way to distribute the V_SEQ to V (where each V has a local size of m/2)?

I am happy to explain if my question is not clear. Thank you!

---
Vysakh Venugopal
Ph.D. Candidate
Department of Mechanical Engineering
University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45221-0072