[petsc-users] MG on GPU: Benchmarking and avoiding vector host->device copy

Paul Grosse-Bley paul.grosse-bley at ziti.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Feb 22 14:26:32 CST 2023

I was using the Richardson KSP type which I guess has the same behavior as GMRES here? I got rid of KSPSetComputeInitialGuess completely and will use preonly from now on, where maxits=1 does what I want it to do.

Even BoomerAMG now shows the "v-cycle signature" I was looking for, so I think for now all my problems are resolved for now. Thank you very much, Barry and Mark!

Best,
Paul Große-Bley