[petsc-users] dmplex overlap questions

Blaise Bourdin bourdin at mcmaster.ca
Thu Feb 16 09:16:50 CST 2023

Hi,

I am trying to implement a non-local finite elements reconstruction operator in parallel.

Given a dmplex distributed with an overlap, is there a way to figure out which cells are in the overlap and which are not?
Alternatively, suppose that I distribute the same DM with and without an overlap. Is there any warranty that the distributions are compatible (i.e. coincide when the overlap is ignored)? If this is the case, can I assume that the non-overlap cells are numbered first in the overlapped dm?

Regards,
Blaise

—
Canada Research Chair in Mathematical and Computational Aspects of Solid Mechanics (Tier 1)
Professor, Department of Mathematics & Statistics
Hamilton Hall room 409A, McMaster University
1280 Main Street West, Hamilton, Ontario L8S 4K1, Canada
https://www.math.mcmaster.ca/bourdin | +1 (905) 525 9140 ext. 27243