[petsc-users] Help with fieldsplit performance

Edoardo alinovi edoardo.alinovi at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 15:35:15 CST 2023

Matt I messed up a bit the things as I sent you the number of sub iters
done with preonly. It looks to be faster but outer iters goes up from 4
(with gmres as sub ksp) to 399, while run time goes from 37s to 10s. I
manage to drop a bit the run time by dropping the relative tolerance

Looking at the iters done by sub gmres, they are around 20ish for U block,
and around 5 for P block, so nothing too crazy, what do you think?