[petsc-users] Help with fieldsplit performance

Edoardo alinovi edoardo.alinovi at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 14:56:28 CST 2023

Maybe I managed to find out the number of iters of the field split by
adding: fieldsplit_u_ksp_converged_reason.

This gets printed 268 times:
  Linear UPeqn_fieldsplit_u_ solve converged due to CONVERGED_ITS
iterations 1

1. You are using A11 as the preconditioning matrix for the Schur
complement. Do you expect this to be a good idea?
Good question, I have also tried self and selfp but not much difference!
Any suggestions?

2. You are using BJacobi/ILU(0) for A00. Is this a good idea?
I have tried other options like hypre and ML but this one looks the best
for now, do you have other suggestions?