[petsc-users] Using nonzero -pc_hypre_boomeramg_restriction_type in field split

Barry Smith bsmith at petsc.dev
Thu Apr 13 15:54:15 CDT 2023

  It would be useful to see the convergences inside the linear solve so perhaps start with

-ksp_monitor_true_residual

-fieldsplit_u_ksp_type richardson    (this is to allow the monitor below to work)
-fieldsplit_u_ksp_max_its 1
-fieldsplit_u_ksp_monitor

Perhaps others, Matt/Jed/Pierre/Stefano likely know better off the cuff than me.

We should have a convenience option like -pc_fieldsplit_schur_monitor similar to the -pc_fieldsplit_gkb_monitor