[petsc-users] Question about NASM initialization

Takahashi, Tadanaga tt73 at njit.edu
Thu Apr 6 09:20:33 CDT 2023

I am following up from the last inquiry. I read the source code nasm.c
<https://petsc.org/release/src/snes/impls/nasm/nasm.c.html> and it looks
like sub-snes iteration is being initialized with a scatter call from the
previous solution. In other words, if I use Newton's method for the local
solver, then in each NASM iteration the Newton's method uses the previous
local solution as the initial guess. Can anyone confirm this?