[petsc-users] PETSc with gcc/gfortran

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Sep 6 11:23:01 CDT 2022

Did you rebuild PETSc with gnu compilers?

You can have both builds of PETSc (one with Intel compilers, the other with GNU compilers) by building each with a different PETSC_ARCH value

./configure PETSC_ARCH=arch-intel --with-cc=icc ...
..configure PETSC_ARCH=arch-gnu --with-cc=gcc ...

And then switch your application to use appropriate build of PETSc - by switching PETSC_ARCH value [if using PETSc formatted makefiles]

Satish