[petsc-users] PETSc Windows Installation

Mohammad Ali Yaqteen mhyaqteen at sju.ac.kr
Mon Oct 31 00:56:53 CDT 2022

Dear Satish

When I configure PETSc with (./configure --with-cc=gcc --with-cxx=0 --with-fc=0 --download-f2cblaslapack) it runs as I shared initially which you said is not an issue anymore. But when I add  (--download-scalapack --download-mumps) or configure with these later, it gives the following error:

$ ./configure --download-scalapack --download-mumps
                         Configuring PETSc to compile on your system
TESTING: FortranMPICheck from config.packages.MPI(config/BuildSystem/config/packages/MPI.py:614)*******************************************************************************
         UNABLE to CONFIGURE with GIVEN OPTIONS    (see configure.log for details):
Fortran error! mpi_init() could not be located!

What could be the problem here?
Your help is highly appreciated.

Thank you
Ali