[petsc-users] Postdoctoral openings at McMaster University

Blaise Bourdin bourdin at mcmaster.ca
Mon Nov 28 10:09:27 CST 2022

Dear PETSc users and developers,

I am looking for several postdocs for various projects on phase-field models including but not limited to:
   - Large scale numerical simulation of frack propagation in polycrystals and comparison with experiments
   - New algorithms and discretization schemes for phase-field fracture
   - Study of crack nucleation in nominally brittle materials

Candidates should have a background in applied mathematics or solid mechanics and familiarity with PETSc. Start dates are flexible but I need to fill at least one position immediately. Interested candidates should reach out to me by email (bourdin at mcmaster.ca <mailto:bourdin at mcmaster.ca>) and attach a vitae and list of publications.

Feel free to forward this posting.

Blaise Bourdin

—
Canada Research Chair in Mathematical and Computational Aspects of Solid Mechanics (Tier 1)
Professor, Department of Mathematics & Statistics
Hamilton Hall room 409A, McMaster University
1280 Main Street West, Hamilton, Ontario L8S 4K1, Canada
https://www.math.mcmaster.ca/bourdin | +1 (905) 525 9140 ext. 27243