[petsc-users] How to introduce new external package into PETSc?

Pierre Jolivet pierre at joliv.et
Fri Nov 25 07:42:06 CST 2022

> On 25 Nov 2022, at 10:04 AM, 袁煕 <yuanxi at advancesoft.jp> wrote:
>
> Dear PETSc developers,
>
> I have my own linear solver and am trying to put it with PETSc as an external solver.  I wish to know following  details
>
> 1.  How to let PETSc configure to download (from github) the source code and compile, install it afterwards.

You can borrow code from one of the many files in config/BuildSystem/config/packages/*.py
Put your file in there and then use --download-name-of-your-file when configuring PETSc.

> 2.   How to let PETSc call the solver. I think it may be accomplished by calling PCFactorSetMatSolverPackage. Is this correct?

You can borrow code from one src/mat/impls/aij/seq/{mkl_pardiso,umfpack,superlu} or src/mat/impls/aij/mpi/mumps to name a few.

Thanks,
Pierre