[petsc-users] AMD vs Intel mobile CPU performance

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Wed Nov 16 07:57:44 CST 2022

If you're using iterative solvers, compare memory bandwidth first, then cache. Flops aren't very important unless you use sparse direct solvers or have SNES residual/Jacobian evaluation that is expensive and has been written for vectorization.

If you can get the 6650U with LPDDR5-6400, it'll probably be faster. My laptop is the previous generation, 5900HS.