[petsc-users] [petsc-maint] Issues linking petsc header files and lib from FORTRAN codes

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Nov 4 00:07:58 CDT 2022

For ex83f.F90:

balay at p1 /home/balay/test
$ ls
ex83f.F90
balay at p1 /home/balay/test
$ ls
ex83f.F90
balay at p1 /home/balay/test
$ export PETSC_DIR=$HOME/petsc
balay at p1 /home/balay/test
$ cp $PETSC_DIR/src/ksp/ksp/tests/makefile .
balay at p1 /home/balay/test
$ make ex83f
mpif90 -fPIC -Wall -ffree-line-length-none -ffree-line-length-0 -Wno-lto-type-mismatch -Wno-unused-dummy-argument -g -O0   -I/home/balay/petsc/include -I/home/balay/petsc/arch-linux-c-debug/include     ex83f.F90  -Wl,-rpath,/home/balay/petsc/arch-linux-c-debug/lib -L/home/balay/petsc/arch-linux-c-debug/lib -Wl,-rpath,/home/balay/soft/mpich-4.0.1/lib -L/home/balay/soft/mpich-4.0.1/lib -Wl,-rpath,/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/12 -L/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/12 -lpetsc -llapack -lblas -lm -lX11 -lstdc++ -ldl -lmpifort -lmpi -lgfortran -lm -lgfortran -lm -lgcc_s -lquadmath -lstdc++ -ldl -o ex83f
balay at p1 /home/balay/test
$
<<<<<<

Also when you are adding PETSc to your current project - are you using source files with .f or .f90 suffix? If so rename them to .F or .F90 suffix.

If you still have issues send more details - As Barry indicated - the makefile [with the sources compiled by this makefile] - and the compile log when you attempt to build these sources with this makefile.

Satish