[petsc-users] Can I use PETSc DMPlex to output the surface mesh?

Gong Yujie yc17470 at connect.um.edu.mo
Wed Nov 2 07:56:50 CDT 2022

Dear development team,

Now I'm doing a project about visualization. In the process of visualization, the surface mesh is preferred. I have two questions about the DMPlex mesh.

  1.  Can I output the 3D volume mesh in DMPlex as a .obj or .fbx file? Both these two meshes are just surface mesh.
  2.  If not, can I output part of the mesh out? Since I have some labels for this part of mesh, can I output this part of mesh (boundary surface mesh) separately?

Best Regards,
Jerry