[petsc-users] Accelerating eigenvalue computation / removing portion of spectrum

Jose E. Roman jroman at dsic.upv.es
Tue May 31 14:08:59 CDT 2022

Please respond to the list also.

The problem with EPSSetDeflationSpace() is that it internally orthogonalizes the vectors that you pass in, so it is not viable for thousands of vectors.

You can try implementing any of the alternative schemes described in https://doi.org/10.1002/nla.307

Another thing you can try is to use a region for filtering, as explained in section 2.6.4 of the users manual. Use a region that excludes -1.0 and you will have more chances to get the wanted eigenvalues faster. But still convergence may be slow.

Jose