[petsc-users] MatColoring

Jorti, Zakariae zjorti at lanl.gov
Wed May 11 13:25:55 CDT 2022

Hello,

I have used the -mat_coloring_view and -mat_fd_coloring_view flags as you suggested and it turns out that the coloring used was MATCOLORINGSL.

I have also tried other methods and obtained the following numbers of function evaluations per Jacobian building:
- MATCOLORINGJP : 593
- MATCOLORINGID : 327

- MATCOLORINGSL : 321

- MATCOLORINGGREEDY : 316

- MATCOLORINGLF : 230

Is there any parameter/trick we can try to further cut down the number of function evaluations? And also how could we use MATCOLORINGMIS as this latter does not appear in the MatColoringType options?
Many thanks.

Zakariae