[petsc-users] Question about how to solve the DAE step by step using PETSC4PY.

Xiong, Jing jxiong at anl.gov
Fri Mar 25 13:14:03 CDT 2022

Good afternoon,

Thanks for all your help.
I got a question about how to solve the DAE step by step using PETSC4PY.
I got two DAE systems, let's say f1(x1, u1) and f2(x2, u2). The simplified algorithm I need to implement is as follows:
Step 1: solve f1 for 1 step.
Step 2: use part of x1 as input for f2, which means u2 = x1[:n].
Step 3: solve f2 for one step with u2 = x1[:n].
Step 4: use part of x2 as input for f1, which means u1 = x2[:m].

I'm not able to find any examples of how to use PETSC4PY in such scenarios. If using the "scikits.odes.dae" package, it is like:
daesolver.init_step(timeInit, XInit, XpInit)
daesolver.step(time)

Please let me know if there are any examples I can refer to. Thank you.

Best,
Jing