[petsc-users] PETSC ERROR: Caught signal number 11 SEGV: Segmentation Violation, probably memory access out of range

Barry Smith bsmith at petsc.dev
Tue Jun 7 10:15:49 CDT 2022

   That is an extremely old PETSc version. Unless you are using a package that only works with that version (and talk to the package's authors about upgrading) we recommend upgrading to the latest PETSc version.

   Usually, there is more information in the error message, is there more in the message you can send?