[petsc-users] Solving Laplacian on complicated domain

BOYD Andrew A.D.F.Boyd at sms.ed.ac.uk
Mon Jul 4 00:25:50 CDT 2022

Dear PETSc users,

I am a PhD student looking to solve a Laplacian on a 3D domain which consists of a volume with ellipsoid “holes” in it. I am a newcomer to PETSc, and would like advice on how to begin to write this code. I have studied the examples, and example no.12 in SNES seems to share some of the same characteristics that I need.
I have also looked at the mail archives, but unfortunately couldn’t find too much on this problem – it may be that I lack the background to understand it properly.
Thanks in advance for any advice, it is much appreciated.
(As an aside, I am also planning to run this in Rust using the PETSc bindings – if anyone has any experience with this it would be interesting to hear from you as well!)

Sincerely,
Andrew Boyd
The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, with registration number SC005336. Is e buidheann carthannais a th’ ann an Oilthigh Dhùn Èideann, clàraichte an Alba, àireamh clàraidh SC005336.