[petsc-users] Hypre in Petsc

sijie tang sjtang1223 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 22:37:50 CST 2022

Hi,

I have a question about, I want to use AMG as a solver in PETSc, but from the user manual, I find that AMG only can be used as a preconditioner. Am I  right?

So I want to use the boomerAMG in HYPRE as the solver, Can I use the function like VecHYPRE_IJVectorCreate (Petsc function) in these links?

https://petsc.org/release/src/vec/vec/impls/hypre/vhyp.c <https://petsc.org/release/src/vec/vec/impls/hypre/vhyp.c>.  (It Creates hypre ijvector from Petsc vector)
https://petsc.org/main/src/mat/impls/hypre/mhypre.c.html <https://petsc.org/main/src/mat/impls/hypre/mhypre.c.html>   (It Creates hypre ijmatrix from Petsc matrix)

But there is a another question: how to transfer the vector/matrix structure from hypre back petsc ?

I don’t find any function for that work, Do you know what function can work, or do I implement this function by myself?

Thanks,
Sijie