[petsc-users] On PCSetCoordinates with Fieldsplit

Nicolas Alejandro Barnafi nicolas.barnafi at unimi.it
Tue Jan 11 10:49:32 CST 2022

Dear community,

I am working on a block preconditioner, where one of the blocks uses HYPRE's AMS. As it requires the coordinates of the dofs, I have done so to the PC object. I expected the coordinates to be inherited down to the subblocks, is this not the case? (it seems so as I couldn't find a specialized FIELDSPLIT SetCoordinates function).

If this feature is missing, please give me some hints on where to add the missing function, I would gladly do it. If not, please let me know why it was dismissed, in order to do things the hard way [as in hard-coded ;)].

Kind regards,
Nicolas