[petsc-users] Cray perftools

Adrian Croucher a.croucher at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Feb 21 20:02:42 CST 2022

hi Jed,

On 2/22/22 11:45, Jed Brown wrote:
> If you can share before/after output from -log_view, it would likely
> help localize.

Unfortunately there aren't any "before" logs, because -log_view wasn't
used while everything was going well.

It looks like it might be related to I/O partly based on comparing logs
with those from runs on other machines (not very comparable ones,
admittedly) and also experimenting with things like turning file (HDF5)
output from the code off.

> Another unintrusive thing (if you're allowed to run Linux perf) is to
Looks like that is not available on the cluster, but will check and see
if some module can be loaded to get it.

On 2/22/22 12:10, Barry Smith wrote:

>   Have any of the modules loaded changed? Or the shared libraries that are in any of the modules?
Will check. We build most of the important dependencies (e.g.
blaslapack, netcdf, exodusii, hdf5, scotch, chaco) ourselves using
--download-xxx in the PETSc build.

- Adrian

--
Dr Adrian Croucher