[petsc-users] Quasi newton SNES change variable

Bruno Rammon Silva Souza brunorssouza at usp.br
Wed Feb 9 06:24:13 CST 2022

Hello everyone,

I am using the LBFGS type in the SNES solver, and it's working fine. But I
want to change the number of stored updates in this method. This variable
of quasi-newton methods is usually chosen by the runtime option: -snes_qn_m
<m>. However, I would like to change this variable inside my code, when
calling a function, for example, but I can't find any kind of PETSc
function that changes this variable directly. Is there any function like
this? If not, is there some way to do that without using -snes_qn_m <m> at
runtime?

Best regards,
--
Bruno Souza