[petsc-users] cannot open source file "petsc.h"

Mark Adams mfadams at lbl.gov
Thu Feb 3 21:35:23 CST 2022

On Thu, Feb 3, 2022 at 6:12 PM Jed Brown <jed at jedbrown.org> wrote:

> "Evstafyeva,Tamara" <te307 at cam.ac.uk> writes:
>
> > Thanks for your prompt reply. I am attaching the makefile; the line for
> execution “make all -j 4”
> >
> > I guess using both was my attempt at trying multiple things until they
> work – using either one or the other produced the same error for me.
>
> petsc.pc isn't being used here. What's probably happening is that Chombo's
> mk/Make.test has rules (not just variables) and those rules are replacing
> PETSc rules. Mark Adams (Cc'd) works with Chombo and will know for sure.

It seems like you are trying to build a makefile system for Chombo, with
PETSc, from scratch. I think you want to go through Chombo. They have
worked out makefiles with PETSc and we don't want to try to recreate that.
It appears that you did not find any instructions on building Chombo with
PETSc, including example makefiles. They exist, but I don't know anything
about the Chombo distribution and support.
I would contact Chombo and see if they can help you.

I wish I could be of more help,
Good luck,
Mark