[petsc-users] [petsc-dev] MatPreallocatorPreallocate segfault with PETSC 3.16

Marius Buerkle mbuerkle at web.de
Wed Feb 2 18:10:42 CST 2022

Thanks for they reply. Yes the example works, this is how I was doing it before. But the matrix is rather big and i need a matrix with the same structure at various points in my code. So it was convenient to create the matrix with preallocate, destroy it after using it to free the memory and creating it again later with the same preallocate.
Anyway it works with MatDuplicate for now.