[petsc-users] Write/read a DMForest to/from a file

Berend van Wachem berend.vanwachem at ovgu.de
Tue Dec 27 04:21:16 CST 2022

Dear Petsc-team/users,

I am trying to save a DMForest which has been used for a calculation (so
refined/coarsened in places) to a file and later read it from the file
to continue a calculation with.
My question is: how do I do this? I've tried a few things, such as using
DMView and DMLoad, and saving the BaseDM, but that doesn't seem to save
the refining/coarsening which has taken place in the initial calculation.
I haven't been able to find any example or documentation for this. Any
pointers or examples would be very much appreciated!

Best regards, Berend.