[petsc-users] locate DMSwarm particles with respect to a background DMDA mesh

Matteo Semplice matteo.semplice at uninsubria.it
Thu Dec 22 07:59:56 CST 2022

Il 22/12/22 14:02, Matthew Knepley ha scritto:
> On Thu, Dec 22, 2022 at 6:28 AM Matteo Semplice
> <matteo.semplice at uninsubria.it> wrote:
>
>     Dear all
>
>         please ignore my previous email and read this one: I have
>     better localized the problem. Maybe DMSwarmMigrate is designed to
>     migrate particles only to first neighbouring ranks?
>
> Yes, I believe that was the design.
>
> Dave, is this correct?

This is totally understandable (but would be worth pointing it out in
the documentation of DMSwarmMigrate).

It would then be useful to have the DMSwarmSetMigrateType routine
implemented so that I can put a PIC Swarm into MIGRATE_BASIC mode. The
routine is mentioned in the documentation, but it seems not implemented.

Could you please add it when you have a minute?

Thanks

     Matteo