[petsc-users] out of date warning when petscmpiexec.

Syvshc syvshc at foxmail.com
Thu Dec 15 04:13:40 CST 2022

I'm a beginner with petsc, and I'm reading PETSc for Partial Differential Equations.

There is the newest release version (3.18.2) of PETSc's gitlab repo on my device, and openmpi in my system (/usr/sbin/).

Here is the repo and what I tried to compiling. p4pdes/e.c at master · bueler/p4pdes (github.com)

After "make e", I got an excutable file "e". "./e" or "mpiexec -n 4 ./e" can perfectly run.

However when I use "petscmpiexec -n 4 ./e", I got some warnings:

Warning: ************** The PETSc libraries are out of date
Warning: ************** The executable ./e is out of date

What should I do to fix the warning?

Also this is the first time that I send to a mail-list, if there are some mistakes I made, please tell me.

Kind regards,

Syvshc