[petsc-users] prevent linking to multithreaded BLAS?

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Wed Dec 7 22:56:07 CST 2022

It isn't always wrong to link threaded BLAS. For example, a user might need to call threaded BLAS on the side (but the application can only link one) or a sparse direct solver might want threading for the supernode. We could test at runtime whether child threads exist/are created when calling BLAS and deliver a warning.