[petsc-users] Action of inverse of Cholesky factors in parallel

Jose E. Roman jroman at dsic.upv.es
Fri Dec 2 06:48:42 CST 2022

As far as I know, the solveForward/Backward operations are not implemented for external packages.

What are you trying to do? One may be tempted to use the Cholesky decomposition to transform a symmetric-definite generalized eigenvalue problem into a standard eigenvalue problem, as is done e.g. in LAPACK https://netlib.org/lapack/lug/node54.html - But note that in SLEPc you do not need to do this, as EPSSolve() will take care of symmetry using Cholesky without having to apply solveForward/Backward separately.

Jose